Your Complete Guide to Moving House in South Africa
Congratulations! You've decided to move house (or you're still considering it). House moving is a big procedure. Understandably, you'll be feeling overwhelmed, confused, flustered. Where to even begin?!
Well, don't worry. Relax. We've got plenty of experience house moving. Below you'll find your complete guide to moving house in South Africa. That includes house moving checklists, house moving costs, and even if it's worth all the hassle at all.
So, if you've been searching for a "house moving company near me," you've come to the right place.
What is house moving called?
Relocating. Resettling. Packing your bags. Upping sticks. Changing residence. Moving out. Or just plain old house moving. Whatever you call it, it all means the same thing.
House moving typically involves packing up your stuff and transporting it to a new property. That's what everyone thinks of. But there's also a bunch of people you need to inform about your big move. So, add these names to the top of your house moving checklist:
- Internet, telephone, and cable TV provider
- Bank, building society, and pension provider
- Credit card companies
- Children's school
- Family, friends, and colleagues
- Subscription services
How much does it cost to physically move a house?
One of the top worries about house moving is the house moving costs. In short: how much are you going to pay?
That broadly depends on two factors:
- How much stuff needs moving?
- How far are you moving it?
Unfortunately, we can't give you an exact price for house moving costs. It just depends.
What we can say is that here at BM Mover's, we provide affordable, fully-inclusive rates. Nor do we compromise on service. Expect meticulous packing, loading, and unloading with zero hassle.
If you want to get an estimate for a house moving, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Where do I start when moving house?
Here's a house moving checklist to help you get organised:
- Get rid of unwanted belongings. For instance, have a jumble sale or give to charity.
- Inform all the relevant people about your move, and provide your new address.
- Book a house moving appointment with us.
- Let the house moving company know how much stuff needs transporting and where everything is.
- Let us pack, load, and unload all your stuff.
- Organise new utilities for your new home.
- Hand over the keys to the new owner or landlord.
- Collapse on the sofa and relax.
Is it worth moving house?
Yes! While it's daunting to embark on a new adventure – to move home – it's worth it. Especially when you hire a trusted house moving service like BW Mover's. With our years of experience, we know the challenges and struggles of house moving. That's why we're ideally equipped to guide you through the process.
No stress. No hassle. Just a reliable, affordable, and hard-working moving company. So, if you're still looking for "house moving near me," stop. You've come to the right place.