In a recent marketing engagement article hosted by Guerrilla Digital Marketing, they asked over a 100 SEO experts how to best optimize content in order to maximize outsourcability. According to the source, having relevant backlinks and high-quality content are two of the most important factors Google looks for and rewards in search engine ranking. Yet, how do you write incredible content that will garner referrals?
Syndiket Marketing was one of many companies featured in the discussion. Andrew Ansley, one of Syndiket Marketing’s co-founders, stated that in order to create referable content without prior outsourcing will require a lot of in-depth research on the topic you’re seeking to write on. Taking the time to research, pull together statistics, and gathering enough facts and visuals to create a graphic are the most helpful ways to create content that people will want to link to.
Syndiket’s input was echoed by many other organizations and experts in the marketing and SEO industry. When you begin writing your content, it is best to have an outline that includes a variety of textual options prior to creating. Some of the most helpful elements you should include in your content are:
- Citations to reliable, researched sources
- Examples, case studies, statistics
- Link to relevant SEO sites and resources
- Sharing original research (try not to copy what already exists)
- Create a resource that others will be likely to refer to for further reading
- Research Reddit and Quora to see which topics are getting the most discussion
The aforementioned topics are just a glimpse of what should be considered when creating quality content. The source continues to interview many experts in the marketing field to dig deeper into how to create high-quality, optimized content that will capture the audience's attention. Some other suggestions included:
- Writing your content in a way that converses with the reader in a personal way
- Write shorter paragraphs
- Include screenshots, images, GIFs, and videos
- Break the subject down into multiple headings and sub-headings for smaller chunks of clear information
Choosing to write content that is both engaging and informative - built off of the sources you have derived - is the best way to create content that will be shared, linked to, build referrals, and get the outreach and traffic you desire.
If you are interested in learning more information about SEO, Content Optimization, Content Writing, or any other marketing tactics, visit Syndiket’s website at: https://www.syndiket.com
Whether you are a new content creator or a veteran SEO, you may find that learning new techniques and adapting to what the current market desires content wise will drastically increase your website traffic for the better.